Archive for July, 2011
Summer is winding down, but that does not mean your inner bronze babe has to wither away. Here is an easy and simple way to get a beachy look without caking on the makeup. This look will emphasize your true beauty and let you shine rather than your make-up. Become a natural bronze beauty with these simple steps:
1. Powder Base:
For a light concealer, I prefer Cover Girl TruBlend Minerals Loose Powder. It goes on easy with a light finish. TruBlend adds just the right amount of coverage without a heavy feeling of liquid concealer.
4. Eye Shadow:
Add to your eyes a light gold shadow that has a touch of shimmer in it. The color will make your eyes sparkle showing off their natural color. I found a great shadow called the Milani Eye shadow in #11 Beach Sand. Apply with a medium sized brush and cover all of your lid. If you prefer a darker shade, apply a cream base on entire lid before applying your eyeshadow.
By adding a little eyeliner on the top of your lid, you will bring out your lashes as well as making them look thicker. I love the Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen. It is so easy to apply and gives you the liquid eyeliner look without the mess. For a more dramatic look, sweep the liner out into a cat eye to enhance your lashes even more!
Add mascara to your upper and bottom lashes to really make your eyes the focal point of your face. I love Clinique High Impact Mascara in Black to add volume and a bit of drama to my lashes.
Finish off your entire look with a little bit of gloss. I am crazy for Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Soothing Lip Balm. It is a gloss that also works as a balm with a minty soothing feeling the minute you add it too your lips. It is a great two in one product that I never leave the house without, especially when I may have had chapped lips.
Feathers are a hot trend right now, but how do you wear them? There are many ways to add feathers into your wardrobe other than the ever popular feathers in your hair. Find your tribal side with these three looks with feathers as the main feature!
2. Bring out your inner love child with a headband adorned with feathers. Wear either on top of head of around head to create a hippie-esc inspired look!
3. Feather earrings in all colors add an edgy touch to a day or evening look. Peacock feathers look great with grey and muted tones which make the colors pop!
Everywhere in fashion this summer, the 70’s styles are making a come back! Big hair, bright colors, and bold accessories paired with over the top patterns are making their way onto the pages of women’s magazines.
Check out Blake Lively’s photo shoot with Glamor to promote her new role in “The Green Lantern.” Blake looks stunning in polka-dot patterns, thick lashes, and a 70s inspired u-pdo that would put Rachel Welch to shame!
How to get Blake’s Fabulous Up-Do:
What you will need:
A bunch of Bobby Pins
1. Brush our your hair and part to the side that is parts naturally on. If you have a natural center part, part your hair to one side before you go to bed with bobby pins and hairspray.
2. Take your comb and tease your hair at the top and on the side. Hold hair up toward the ceiling and brush down at the roots a minimum of 6 times. Repeat on the sides. Once all teased, smooth your hair out with your comb to get rid of any bumps or parts that may be sticking out.
3. Gather all of your hair in the back into a twist. Bring the twist up in the back kind of like a bun but more of a longer bun.
4. Wrap the rest of your twist underneath the bun and pin it all up so the ends of your hair is not showing.
5. Pin according to to level of volume that you want and even stick a daisy on the opposing side of your part for a little softness or mod earrings to top your 70’s inspired look!
There is certainly nothing mellow about this summer’s trendiest color: yellow! Many celebrities are indulging in the bright shades of yellow this summer!
A bold color to wear, yellow looks great on olive and darker skin tones and enhances you glow! If you are on the lighter side and decided to stay out of the sun this summer, yellow will give you a slight glow that makes you look tanner!
Pair a yellow dress with gladiator sandals for a friends wedding or a yellow cardigan with distressed blue denim shorts, a white tank, and brown boots for a night by the bonfire! You can add a pop of color to any outfit with a yellow clutch, necklace, or flats! Give your wardrobe a sweet summary taste with elements of yellow!